Wednesday, February 20, 2008

"Dann the Man!"


There are some things that bother you a lot.
Not like "Jesus Christ, I have to rip someone's head off and eat the brains", but more a "Here we go again, this is really annoying, and I've heard it a million times."

It may be the phrase "Someone's got a case of the Mondays", or "Hey, you dropped your pocket!", or even that wonderful (groan) response when you ask someone what day it is, and they say "All day!"
For me...it would be "Hey! Dann the man!"

"Dann's the man!"
"Thanks, Dann the Man!"

Good god. It's annoying as shit. And I'm talking about some really annoying shit. Like shit that goes on Jerry Springer wearing a tube top and screaming at it's mom kinda thing.

I suppose it comes from people believing that if they make a comment, they assume that they are original. Like the whole "Office Space" Michael Bolton thing. Everyone who asks assumes that person has NEVER heard it before.
Well, let me put that little idea to rest. Everyone (save for immediate family) calls me "Dann the Man." And it drives me nuts. There. Said. Done.

Like the picture? I Image-Googled "stress", and that picture came up. Symbolism.


I don't know how.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It takes a lot to get me mad at strangers, but anyone who cracks "hey, right here!" when I pass themm with my lunch order is getting a swift kick in the voodoo-nuts. BUGS.