Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Everyday Crusades

Joy is still having an endless bout with the religious dude. She gets so frustrated with him, because (like most christians) he doesn't answer any of her questions, (I.E. "Why does your god gamble with lives (like Job), yet christians say that gambling is evil?", "Why is it that God supposedly told Abraham to murder his son (which he was going to do), but whenever people kill in the name of "God", christians say it's just Satan talking to you", and "Do you agree with the passage in the Bible that says if a man does not believe in God, you should kill him, burn his town, rape the women in it, and kill and dismember all their babies?"


You know, the general stuff.

I've noticed that with all heavily religious people. Christians mostly. I may be libeled and have numerous remarks made about this, but it's true. You can't have an honest debate with a christian. It doesn't work. They are SO bent on converting you, that you can show them every contradictory passage in the Bible, and they'll just quote scripture back at you...thinking they've somehow accomplished something. They think the Bible is self-proving...which is also ridiculous. The one thing you always hear is "Because it's in the Bible". Of course. The Bible is truth because it says so.

That's like using a word in its own definition.

Most christians also spend little or no time questioning the reasoning behind the stories in the Bible. They read a story like Job, and they say "What a good man...he has strong faith". They don't say something a rational person would say like "Hey! Why did God just shit all over that guy for no reason except to win a bet with the Devil?! What an asshole!"


The whole point, which I have stated many a time (no, I don't expect them to listen anymore) is easy...

People created God in THEIR image. They created him so they could answer all those questions they had no answers to:

"What happens when we die?"

"How did we get here?"

"WHY are we here?"

These questions are far beyond the realm of human comprehension. Hence, God was born.

1. God created Man, then Woman from Man's rib (subjugation), even though all fetuses begin as female,

2. Then he killed all except Noah's family and 2 of each animal, and they repopulate (inbreeding)

3. God states that out of all his rules, the main ones are DONT DEFY ME, DONT HONOR ANYONE ELSE, and ABOVE ALL, PRAISE ME..."dont kill anybody" ends up in distant fifth place.

4. Charleton Heston looks horrible in a wig.

5. God gets his priorities in order, which are all mostly "Have people worship me", "Get more members", and "Kill those who don't convert"

6. Yul Brenner doesn't need a wig.

Anyway, I'm done for awhile. I just wanted to give a first glance as to what I'm noticing in this world. Christians are like brick walls. I hate to make a generic statement like that, but unfortunatley it's true. I have had 3 (that I can recall offhand) relationships / friendships that have ended in complete ignoring of me, simply because the inevitable happened: I asked questions, they ignored them, they said God was great, I said "But this passage says that _________________, do you think that's right?", they said "I think you're misinformed", I say "I got it from the Bible", they scream "I will pray for you!" and never talk to me again.

Rinse and Repeat.

1 comment:

Joy said...

I love you, you rational spitfire.