Saturday, January 19, 2008

Garbage to the Nth Degree. Lightly Censored, with Mayo.

I saw a blog today (oh, Boy). It was a religious blog, to say the least, but one of those religious blogs that makes many of us rational thinkers want to pull our hair out in frustration, like unto trying to explain quantum physics to a wee babe.

The posts were one thing, with the never-ending battle with "I have to find a way to insert Jesus into everything I do all day no matter if it's ordering a pizza or changing a diaper" Syndrome, but the movie at the top of the page was something else entirely.

I call it "Mr. Jeezy-bit and Satan: An Interpretive Dance"

It's a GodTube video, from some concert, where a guy dressed as Jesus (only looking like Justin Timberlake, and wearing a purple stripe for a sign of holy wealth or something) is dancing with a teenage girl, who is then accosted by 5 other people in masks, the front runner being in Black (SYMBOLISM?!), which then "tempt" the girl to run around the stage like crazy, get depressed, and at one point, even point a gun at her head onstage. In the end, amidst the rock and roll spiritual Lollapalooza, Justin Christ knocks them all down, and hugs the girl.

Ahem....


WTF??????!!!!!

The obvious frivolity aside, the thing was so melodramatic, it made "Dark Shadows" look like a sonnet. It was the most contrived piece of saucy crap I've ever seen.

And apparently, this is a very popular video, as I found it later on other blogs as well. It's so ridiculous I can't even explain the ridiculousness. I am with lack of expletive ridiculosity.

And why am I telling you all this?
Why do I care?
Just don't go to the site anymore, right?
What caused me to write this long ass novel?

It actually made my chest hurt. It caused me physical pain and anger, because unfortunately, these people are the majority. But at least I don't pretend to like it, despite my obvious loathing, and then spew hatred behind backs.

No, hatred and I are good friends.
It really does makes me sound horrid, doesn't it?
I'm not one for letting things go, and I'm not one who is able to turn a blind eye while others backstab each other until one of them hits a kidney. Not my style.

Religion drives me crazy.
It starts wars, perpetuates violence, and teaches everyone that if you don't think like everyone else, you are worthless.

There's no other way to say it. It's just really sad.

1 comment:

Mamaclsn said...

It is hard to believe unless you've been there. Was it my blog? I hope that you do still come by mine. I try to keep it updated with pics of the kids and things that we have been up to.

I hear that your job is going well. Glad to hear it!

Love you!
Jen