Thursday, April 29, 2010

Time Goes By...

Note to self: Try writing more than once every 6 months.


LOVE
Well where do I begin...my divorce from Joy was official as of December 3rd, 2009. I'm GLAD. VERY glad. UBER glad. I've begun actually noticing the number of ways in which Joy and I were incompatible, and how she stunted me and my personality. She belittled me in public, made me feel inadequate, and manipulated me. Time to start anew.

The girl I wrote about last October...we are no longer together. It turns out she didn't quite feel the same way I did. Chock it all up to experience, I guess.

Since November, if I am counting correctly, I have dated another....ummm....let's see...4 women. Most didn't last longer than 3 weeks. One lasted 3 days when I discovered she had cheated on her previous boyfriend frequently over the course of a year. Obviously, my response was along the lines of "Yeah...I'm out."

However, I stopped seeing every potential relationship as a failure on my part, and realized that they are learning experiences. Everytime I date someone, I learn the ropes and see what it is I should be looking for (and also what to look out for).

I recently (about 2 weeks ago) began dating Krystle. The phrase "stop looking for love and it's sure to seek you out" is very true. Oddly enough, she feels more natural to me than any woman so far. I feel like she understands me, which is a feat in itself since a recently divorced man with tons of debt and A.D.D. is already a handful. However, I vowed to myself that I won't screw this one up.

LIFE
In true divorce fashion, I moved back to my parents' house. Hopefully, only until October or so. It really depends. My friend and I are hoping to move into a townhouse in Ann Arbor, but they have a long wait list.

I am trying to pay off bills and save some money before the move, but it's proving difficult:

1. Since I am now "Single" on my W2, I am taking home roughly 100 bucks less per paycheck.

2. I have had to do some expensive car repair.

3. I am now using more gas since I am driving 20-30 miles more each day.


HEALTH

This is the good part :-)

I began going to the gym with my friend Dustin in February. We started going 5 to 6 days a week, doing cardio and intense weight-lifting for 2 hours. However, I soon burned out and got really sick with a 103 fever. My immune system crapped out.

NOW...I am still going 5 days a week or so, but instead of going consecutively, I am going 2 days, take a day off....3 days on....then a days off. The recuperation helps a lot. I have started seeing real progress. My arms, shoulders, chest, and stomach are looking better than I have ever looked. I look muscular for the first time in my life. I have also started running again, and have lost most of the remaining fat. Only a little left on my stomach, of course.

No comments: