Thursday, April 16, 2009

But I Jest.

(A conversation over IM with my friend Adam, another clerk at U of M)


Kraft, Adam: do you know how to enlarge on the new fax machines?
Rafferty, Dann: sorry, I was on the phone
Rafferty, Dann: no, I know very little about the new fax machines
Kraft, Adam: me either
Rafferty, Dann: you mean "neither".
Rafferty, Dann: the 2 vowels together are redundant
.
Kraft, Adam: i hate you
Kraft, Adam: lol
Rafferty, Dann: the same reason you say "nor"
Rafferty, Dann: it's so you don't say neither me or ___________
Kraft, Adam: this isn't the 6th century people don't say nor any more
Rafferty, Dann: what?
Rafferty, Dann: it's proper english
Rafferty, Dann: people don't say "thee" or "forsooth" anymore.
Kraft, Adam: yea
Kraft, Adam: did you read that in a book
Rafferty, Dann: Prithee, Adam, wherefor dost thou think mine words be not of thy refinement? Dost thou find me elocutionary?
Rafferty, Dann: Fret not.
Kraft, Adam: are you hitting on me? hahaha
Rafferty, Dann: Neither me NOR my brethren findeth this amusing.
Rafferty, Dann: A DUEL IT IS!
Rafferty, Dann:
Kraft, Adam: youve read to much shakespere
Rafferty, Dann: Nay.
Rafferty, Dann: Thy feet do stinketh. And thy mother dresses thee

like a KNAVE!
Rafferty, Dann: KNAVE!
Kraft, Adam: do you go to the renassance (sp) festival
Rafferty, Dann: renaissance
Rafferty, Dann: you were closeth!
Rafferty, Dann: and no
Rafferty, Dann: I went once, and found it trite.
Kraft, Adam: your trite
Rafferty, Dann: ahem....
Kraft, Adam: you are quite right
Rafferty, Dann: "YOU'RE trite".
Rafferty, Dann: unless you think this "trite" to be a noun. Something of value. A weapon, maybe? Precious stones? Spanish Dabloons?!
Kraft, Adam: your scrabbles are up
Rafferty, Dann: I know....it's YOUR turn.

No comments: